the foreign service - in print and on the small screen



I have recently been reading 'The Royals and the Roaches' by Patricia Hughes.  I sort of feel like my mother could have written it except she was a communicator's wife and a foreign service secretary herself.  But I think my Mom and Patricia are probably about the same age and were both around when 'the wives were fired.'  I enjoyed the book and may be more inclined to give a few more dinner parties.




I loved this movie.  Documentary rather.  Available on Netflix or here.  Most shocking part - it's all real!  Also, thank goodness no Americans make an appearance in this movie.  Also, never ever agree to Bangui on the bid list!

2 comments

  1. hadn't heard of these but love the suggstions - adding them to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a British TV show called Ambassadors too that I've been hearing is good and have been meaning to watch. I'll check these out too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete